Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Recycling = cute organizers!!

I noticed recently how many containers we throw in the recycling bin for pickup, and wondered if I could reuse some of them.  But I really dislike using (for example) a country crock container to store something in - they are just not cute.  So I grabbed my handy dandy chalkboard spray paint and got to work....

in their former lives, these containers held products like Nestle Chocolate Milk powder, Carnation Instant Breakfast, Grits, Oatmeal, etc....





 but now they look like this!!





I can repurpose them as needed - just a quick wipe off on the outside, write the new name and it's ready to hold something new! : )

Remove any labels they may have (like the Nestle container had).  Some of these will be used for non-food items like my box tops, buttons, etc.  I gave them all 3 coats of the chalkboard paint - seems to be plenty, because so far so good!  

It keeps a couple extra things out of the recycling bin and helps keep my home a tad more organized.  (Still have a looooooooooooooong way to go before that is all done, haha!)  For the cost of a can of spray paint (under $5 at Home Depot), this was a super-easy, frugal project!

What's your favorite thing to use chalkboard paint on?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great way to reuse and re purpose containers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you recycle your stuff, then you could influence more people to follow your example by being more vocal about it. A way to let other people know about your recycling activities is to snap a picture of yourself while at work. Here's the application for doing just that. http://youtu.be/qxQn-00Rr7s

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks so much for taking the time to leave me one! If you are new here, please leave me your blog link so I can come by & say hi there, too!